The original church of St Agnes and St Anne was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. A new church, designed by Sir Christopher Wren, was largely completed in 1681. The site suffered bomb damage in WW2, and the church was restored in keeping with Wren's design. In the 1970s the churchyard was extended and a garden created. The present garden consists of lawn and decorative trees including catalpa, false acacia, rowan and cherry.