On the opposite bank is the old Harrods Furniture Depository, where people working in the colonies would store their furniture until they returned to Britain. It has recently been converted to flats.
Hammersmith Bridge istThe second bridge to stand on the site, it was built by Joseph Bazalgette in 1887, and has been repainted in the original colours.
St Paul's Green was landscaped in 1998, linking the Thames to Hammersmith Broadway via a tree-lined broadwalk. What remains of the walled churchyard around St Paul's Church (1882) has flowering cherries and an old oak.
The baroque front of Smollensky's is the original front of Bradmore House (another villa, like Normand House), which dates from 1709 and was restored in 1993. This wall served as the front wall of the tram depot, later used for buses. The rest of the building is a reconstruction.