Continue along the Thames Path. There are many fine houses along the river here, particularly Linden House. Continue under the overhanging building to the Old Ship Pub and Upper Mall Open Space, which occupies part of the site of the West Middlesex Waterworks which was demolished in 1965. Part of the area is set out as an under-5s' play area. The rest is laid as a small lawn with some raised beds planted with shrubs.
At the end, turn right into Black Lion Lane. To the left is Hammersmith Terrace, a fine row of Georgian houses from about 1750. Emery Walker's House is at No. 7.
The former home of Emery Walker at No. 7 Hammersmith Terrace survives as a complete Arts and Crafts interior. There is a small garden at the back. House and garden open by appointment only (020 8741 4104). The garden also opens for Open Garden Squares Weekend.