On the other side of Claremont Square, cross Amwell Street and walk straight ahead into Cruickshank Street. Follow the road, which bears left. On the right is Bevin Court, built 1952-5 by Skinner, Bailey & Lubetkin on the site of the bombed Holford Square. At the end of Holford Street, turn right into Great Percy Street, and continue into Percy Circus. To the right is the entrance to Holford Gardens.
Percy Circus (1841-43) was, like Myddelton Square, laid out by William Chadwell Mylne. It is unusual for its polygonal shape and because it is built on a steep slope. There is a central circular terrace with benches, accessible via steps and a ramp, surrounded by mature trees. The railings are original.
Holford Gardens are on the site of Holford Square (1841-44), which was part of the New River Estate and laid out with ornamental gardens. Victorian residents of the square included the painter and engraver Myles Birket Foster, and Edmund Evans, engraver of Kate Greenaway's works.