Walk around the square, taking care on the uneven pavement and into Lloyd Baker Street. Cross at the zebra crossing and through the pedestrian passage straight ahead to St Helena Street. Carry straight on down Fernsbury Street, passing Greenaway House on the right, to Margery Street. Cross at the zebra crossing and walk straight ahead to enter Wilmington Square Gardens through the gates on the right.
Wilmington Square was laid out in the 1820s by builder John Wilson across 16 acres of the Spa Fields Estate, which belonged to the Marquess of Northampton. There is a pedestrian walkway instead of a road along the north side because Wilson ran out of money. In 1895 the gardens were given to Finsbury Vestry, which planted flowers and installed seating, opening them for public use. There is a late-19th-century pavilion and drinking fountain, numerous trees and conifers, roses and ornamental shrubs.