London Parks & Gardens Trust

Lambeth and Southwark

St Mary's Garden

St Mary's Garden

Menu Next

Directions

St Mary's Garden lies between the Garden Museum and Lambeth Road.

Description

Adjacent to the museum, St Mary's Garden is a small public garden, laid out by Lambeth Borough Council in 1932-3. The site was formerly part of the old road which led to the earlier Lambeth Bridge of 1862, replaced in 1932 by a new bridge to the south. The outer area is grassed with shrubs, the central area paved with a pergola, seating and a water feature.