No photo available.Menu Next
Walk along the north side and through the rose garden to the far exit. Cross Blackfriars Road into Ufford Street opposite. Ufford Street Recreation Ground is to the right, beyond Short Street.
The area was built over in the 19th century by Samuel Short. By 1901 the houses needed rebuilding and the then owners, the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, decided that part should be set aside as public open space. Lambeth Borough Council laid out the park, which was transferred to them by the Commissioners in 1907. Half the area is a playground and half is grassed with a mahonia hedge and several mature London plane trees.