London Parks & Gardens Trust
Bloomsbury to Shoreditch and back
From Mableton Place continue through Cartwright Gardens and the first part of Marchmont Street as far as the traffic lights.
Cartwright Gardens were first named Burton Crescent after its builder, James Burton, and renamed after Major John Cartwright, a political reformer and resident, whose bronze statue stands in the centre of the the gardens. The crescent of houses was built in 1807-18.