St Thomas' Hospital
Exit into Lambeth Palace Road by St Thomas' Hospital and turn right. Cross at the traffic lights and go past the large road sign. Just beyond the Florence Nightingale Museum (signposted) go up the ramp and continue ahead along the walkway (towards Houses of Parliament) to view the gardens of St Thomas' Hospital.
St Thomas' Hospital, originally in Southwark since the 13th century, was moved to its present site in the 1830s to make way for the construction of London Bridge Station. The northern end was rebuilt after bomb damage in WWII. There are two connected gardens to the right. There are steps between them but the lower garden, with a stainless steel fountain of 1929 by Naum Gabo, can be accessed from the river terrace. Rosa 'Best of Friends' has been planted.
Further information on LGT Inventory