Cornwall Gardens consists of three private communal gardens, each laid out formally with perimeter paths. The original Victorian market garden was developed by the Broadwood family - famous piano makers - and was sold for development from 1866 to 1879. Known as Little India due to its colonial links, the gardens became home to writers, painters, musicians, financiers and other fine Victorian minds. The gardens are shaded by some of London's tallest plane trees dating from 1870 and the trees, lawns and flowering shrubs provide the peaceful and inspirational atmosphere of a woodland garden.
Gardener: David Ashton, One Two Tree Limited
- The visit offers a walk in the central garden. Some cool jazz music will be offered as well as refreshments and food supplied by the neighbourhood.
Central section (west of Grenville Place)
Nearest postcode: SW7 4AW
- 49, 74
- Gloucester Road
- Cycle hire station
- Gloucester Road (North) (Map)
- Public toilets
Gloucester Road (Map)
Open Saturday 00:00-24:00
Open Sunday 00:00-24:00
- One step down at gate to garden level
- Working assistance dogs only