Established in 1987 after locals reclaimed a large, derelict corner of land near busy Walworth Road, Walworth Garden has grown with the community to become an award-winning peat-free and 'beyond-organic' garden and garden centre, established horticultural charity and social enterprise. With its own QCF-accredited school of horticulture, three glasshouses, a wildlife area, vegetable garden, trained fruit trees and apiary, Walworth Garden gained its eighth consecutive Community Green Flag Award in 2019, alongside an ‘Outstanding’ certificate in the RHS/Britain in Bloom ‘It's Your Neighbourhood’ scheme. Its Garden Services Division also employs and trains local apprentices to create and maintain the gardens of nearby residents.
Oliver Haden: Oliver Haden
Capital Growth garden: 438
- With an ever-growing array of interesting and unusual plants, the garden also propagates and sells varieties certain to surprise both gardeners and non-gardeners alike, as well as terracotta pots, peat-free compost and other growing media, urban honey, and chutney and jams made with their own garden produce.
206 Manor Place
Nearest postcode: SE17 3BN
- 133, 155, 333 + 12, 35, 40, 45, 68, 148, 171, 176, 468
- Kennington, Elephant & Castle
- Cycle hire station
- Doddington Grove (Map)
- Disabled toilet on site
- Wheelchair access. Accessible toilet. Paved, bark and grass paths
- Dogs on leads
- We are open seven days a week and are free for all to access.