The Coutts Skyline Garden
Visits are by guided tour only. Tours take place at 9.30am, 10.40am, 11.50 am and 1pm. ALL tours must be pre-booked via our website. Tickets will be released from mid-April at a date to be announced.
The garden court in the large central atrium of the Coutts building has been recently redesigned and refurbished. It features a range of contemporary planters and retains its fish pool with mature koi carp. Coutts Skyline Garden, the brainchild of executive chef Peter Fiori, was created in 2012. The garden, installed by the late Richard Vine with help from the Clink charity (HMP High Down), lies on each side of a narrow walkway around the roof, lined with troughs and tubs in the bays between windows. There are four areas: the south-facing fruit garden; Vine Lane – in tribute to Richard Vine; a kitchen garden; and a cottage garden. There are excellent views over the Strand, St Martin-in-the-Fields, Nelson’s Column and Zimbabwe House.
Please note that the garden is not suitable for under 12s; children aged 12-16 must be accompanied by an adult. Regretfully, due to the very narrow walkways around the garden, it is not accessible to wheelchair users.
Executive Chef: Peter Fiori
- Saturday tours: 09:30, 10:40, 11:50, 13:00.
- Pre-booked guided tours only, at 9.30am, 10.40am, 11.50am and 1pm.
Nearest postcode: WC2R 0QS
- Map of nearby bus stops
- Charing Cross
- Cycle hire station
- William IV Street (Map)
- Disabled toilet on site
- Both gardens are accessible by lift/elevator, but the rooftop walkway has a step and is very narrow – not suitable for wheelchairs. Not suitable for under 12s; children aged 12-16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Working assistance dogs only
- The gardens can be visited only on a pre-booked tour - see Activities.