Drapers' Hall Garden is part of the original garden bought by the Drapers’ Company from King Henry VIII in 1543. It remained a welcome retreat until Throgmorton Avenue was built in 1874, when the Great Garden had to make way for the demands of the commercial City. The upper garden near Drapers’ Hall was retained and renovated. Today's layout dates from 2014 when the company celebrated the 650th anniversary of the 1364 Royal Charter from King Edward III.
Vast roof terrace with panoramic views of the River Thames and the City, and professionally managed formal gardens. Award-winning kitchen garden managed by volunteers, producing vegetables and edible flowers.
Situated next to All Hallows Church on a busy road through the City, the award winning Nic’s Secret Garden and Plant Rescue Nursery is a small oasis in the urban city jungle, an exemplar of one person's passion for horticulture.
The beautiful, secluded garden of the Stationers' Company returns after three years of the Hall's refurbishment. This hidden treasure in the heart of the City of London is an inspirational example of a shaded garden.