Named after Viscount Ennismore, this award-winning Victorian garden was part of the Kingston House gardens and paddocks, which stretched the length of Prince’s Gate. When the Kingston House estate was developed in the 1840s and the houses that became Ennismore Gardens Square were built in the 1870s, the 0.5-acre garden was designed around the London plane trees. Today's layout of grass, beds and borders is largely the same as it was after WWII. An urn - a smaller replica of one designed by William Kent for Alexander Pope - was erected to commemorate American actress and singer Ava Gardner, who resided at No 34 for many years.
Laid out by Humphry Repton in 1806, a military site in WW2, and now effectively a roof garden following the construction of an underground car park. Some unusual trees and lots of lavender give a somewhat modern Mediterranean feel.