King Henry's Walk Garden
King Henry's Walk Garden was created by the local community for the local community, and contains growing plots for cultivation by residents. Run entirely by volunteers, its organic gardening methods help to encourage biodiversity. Sustainability is a key theme; recycled materials are used wherever possible, all garden waste is composted and rainwater is collected. A year-round programme of educational workshops and events engage the whole community. Communal areas consisting of lawns with ornamental flower borders, a wildlife pond, and a small woodland area also provide enjoyment. Plants - cultivated in the garden's greenhouse - will be on sale.
- Tea and home-made cakes. Plant sale. Traditional summer fête on Saturday afternoon with games, competitions, live music, Pimm’s bar and pizzas from a wood-fired oven.
11C King Henry's Walk (to the left of the adventure playground)
Nearest postcode: N1 4NX
- Dalston Kingsland, Canonbury, Dalston Junction
- Disabled toilet on site
- Some uneven paths, and some steps. All parts of the garden can be accessed.
- Working assistance dogs only
- Uneven paths in woodland area