These private communal gardens for the residents of Norland Square were built, together with the surrounding stucco-fronted houses, as part of the development of the Norland Estate in the early 1840s. Borders are filled with mixed shrubs and ornamental trees alongside a meandering shady gravel path. There is also a sunny central lawn with a children's playground and tennis court. Although the garden lost its original railings, they were reinstated in 2007.
Part of the Norland Estate, laid out by Robert Cantwell in 1846. Award-winning garden restoration and design with enhanced planting. Roses, central herbaceous borders and an interesting variety of trees and shrubs.