Gain a more in depth knowledge of the capital with a guided walk or cycling tour during London Open Gardens. Tickets for the tours, let by expert guides, are on sale from 26 April.
Please note that you must buy a London Square Open Gardens weekend ticket before booking walks and tours. If you have already purchased your ticket, visit the booking page and choose the link allowing you to ‘add extras’ to your order.
‘All guided walks and cycle tours must be booked in advance – there are limited places which can fill up quickly.
The following guided walks will be available to book online.
Walks on 9 June
- Biodiversity in the City – 9 June, 4.30-6pm Sold out
Walks on 10 June
- Heavenly Gardens of the City – 10 June, 10-11.30am or 1-2.30pm Sold out
- Bloomin’ June – 10 June, 10-11.30am Sold out
- The East India Company to the London Stock Exchange: A Financial History of London – 10 June, 10-11.30am or 2-3.30pm Sold out
- Green Shoots in the City – 10 June, 11am-12pm Sold out
- Fighting for Our Open Spaces – 10 June, 11am-12.30pm
- Blooms, Bombsites and Burial Grounds – 10 June, 11am-12.30pm Sold out
- Thameside Gardens 1: South Bank – 10 June, 2-3.30pm Sold out
Walks on 11 June
- History in the Ward of Farringdon Within – 11 June, 10-11am Sold out
- City of London: Replanting for Climate Resilience – 11 June, 10-11am Sold out
- Threads of London: Fashion in the Square Mile – 11 June, 11am-12noon
- The Old, the New and the Great in Lincoln’s Inn – 11 June, 11am-12noon Sold out
- Southwark, Its Gardens and ‘Hoppy’ Past (with added Chaucer, Shakespeare, Dickens and Keats) – 11 June, 11am-12.30pm Sold out
- Oasis In the City – 11 June, 11.30am-12.30pm Sold out
- Lost Visions of London – 11 June, 1-2pm Sold out
- Pomp and Circumstance: Royal Music in the City of London – 11 June, 1.30-3pm
- Tombs with a View – 11 June, 2-3pm Sold out
- Thameside Gardens 2: North Bank – 11 June, 2-3.30pm Sold out
The following cycle tours are available to book (age 11 and over only):
- Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea – 10 June, all-day ride starting at 10am
A 10-mile circular tour visiting mostly classic residential garden squares, starting at Hyde Park Corner. Lunch (not included) at Brompton Cemetery (café or picnic).
- West London Gardens – 11 June, all-day ride starting at 10am
A 15-mile circular tour visiting a selection of historic, Victorian and modern gardens in west London, starting at Hyde Park Corner. Lunch (not included) at Chiswick House Kitchen Garden café. Sold out
- North Southwark and Two Cities – 11 June, all-day ride starting at 10am
An 11-mile circular tour starting at St James’s Park and visiting ten gardens in four clusters, including allotments, the urban realm, formal gardens and commercial space.