9th December 2020
2020 has been a difficult year for most, so let’s end the year on a positive note with thoughts of luxury escapes, getting outdoors and into gardens! We are celebrating your interest and support for the Trust by offering you the chance to win some exclusive garden-inspired experiences, from hand-making your own nature-inspired silver jewellery to fabulous hotel breaks or even a foraging session with an expert.
We have tracked down some amazing prizes – many are exclusive experiences – for you or a friend. For £5 you will be entered into our draw on 9th December 2020. £10 buys two chances to win these terrific prizes, and so on.
We hope you enjoy this new way of supporting us while celebrating the great outdoors – good luck!
Full list of gifts in the draw:
- Private tour of 17th century Ham House and gardens in Richmond led by Head Gardener, Rosie Fyles followed by cream tea for two
- One night’s stay in a studio suite at the five star Luxury Hari in Belgravia for two people including a bottle of Champagne and breakfast in Il Pampero
- Bespoke forest bathing or ‘shinrin yoku’ session for two in a North London Woodland with Nature as Nurture founder Claire de Boursac
- £500 cash prize donated by the London Gardener, annual journal of garden history
- An overnight stay and breakfast for two at Kit Kemp’s award-winning Ham Yard Hotel in Soho, famous for its large, leafy roof top garden (image below) with an array of home grown produce and two urban beehives.
- One night’s stay for two at the boutique Bird hotel in Bath set in grounds right in the heart of the Georgian city
- Wild food foraging session with expert Peter Sibley for one or two people
- Garden makeover design advice from Emma McNamara, Gardening Consultant for the National Trust in London winner of a gold medal at Hampton court in 2019, and silver at Chelsea, in 2007
- Exclusive Cream Tea for two at Duck Island Cottage in St James’s Park (pelicans optional)
- One year’s gift membership of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Season ticket to six fascinating online lectures on garden history
- Jewellery workshop to make nature-inspired silver jewellery with a silversmith
- Personal Tree Walk for two in the Royal Park of your choice with Greg Packman, Arboriculturist and Senior Tree Inspector, Islington
- A collection of five new books on gardens and garden history
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions refer to our Winter 2020 online prize draw and prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of this promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: London Historic Parks and Gardens Trust, Duck Island Cottage, St James’s Park, London SW1A 2BJ Charity Number: 1042337, and a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales: no2935176, trading as the London Gardens Trust (LGT).
This Prize Draw is open to mainland UK residents who must be 18 years or over to enter.
To enter: Follow the link ‘Enter Prize Draw’ where a minimum fee of £5 gives you an entry into the prize draw. Alternatively, you can enter by writing to London Gardens Trust, Duck Island Cottage, St James’ Park, London SW1A 2BJ or emailing the office before the closing date with your name, email address, postal address and telephone number and stating ‘Application for Prize Draw’.
For online entries, there is no limit on the amount you can chose to give – each payment of £5 gives you an entry and the chance to win a prize. So £5 gives one entry, £10 gives two entries etc. Entries increase in units of £5 so that if you chose to pay £12 this would give you two entries whereas if you pay £15 this would provide you with 3 entries. Eligible entry fees into the prize draw must be received within the entry dates.
Entry Dates: 10 am Monday 23rd November 2020 – 11.59pm on Tuesday 7th December 2020. Draw 9th December 2020.
Prizes: are listed above. All prizes are expected to be taken up before 9th December 2021 (except the Hari Hotel where the prize must be taken before 30th November 2021) after which the offer will expire. For prizes involving a visit to an individual site, you will be responsible for your own travel arrangements and other peripheral expenses which are not reimbursable. The visit to Ham House will only be possible during normal hours of operation. All hotel bookings are subject to room availability to be negotiated direct with the relevant hotel and in accordance with the stipulations on their voucher.
1. This London Gardens Trust promotion is open to residents of Great Britain mainland (England, Scotland, Wales) aged 18 years and over, excluding LGT Trustees, LGT employees (and their immediate families) and any partners or companies directly involved in the running of the Prize Draw competition. LGT Trustees, employees (and their immediate families) who donate will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
2. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
3. Prizes are transferrable to a nominated recipient by the named winner if confirmed in writing to the London Gardens Trust office within 7 days.
4. The prize draw is only open to online entries via the ‘Enter Prize Draw’ button on the LGT website and completing the individuals details as required and donating by card payment. £5 x 1 entry, £10 x 2 entries, etc. Postal entries will not be accepted. Entrants will receive confirmation of their payment by email and will be allocated a prize draw number for random selection.
Winner Selection and Notification
5. All paid entries will go into the draw on 9th December 2020 and prize winners and prizes will be selected at random under independent supervision. Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the draw. The winners agree that they may be announced on the charity’s social media platforms and website.
6. Should the winner/s have provided an incorrect email contact or not respond to the notification email within 7 days then the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner and the first winner will not be eligible for any share of the prize.
7. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to LGTs notification email.
8. The winner may be asked to supply valid proof of age.
9. The Promoter will not be liable for entries or claims not received, incomplete, illegible, delayed, incorrectly submitted or damaged. No responsibility is accepted for entries or claims lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
10. There are no other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes and no cash alternatives, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days). The Promoter will also refuse to award a prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. This can also be applied if there is a breach of any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
13. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media provider. The information you provide will only be used for fulfilment of this promotion, unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook and all other social media providers.
16. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to LGT social media (Facebook, Twitter etc) pages or elsewhere during the draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants or the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the draw. The promoter reserves the right to alert social media providers to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
17. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English, Welsh and Scottish courts.
18. Your personal details will only be used for the purposes of administering this promotion and for no other purposes.